Active Addr Cnt (Sent)
The sum count of unique addresses that were active in the network (as an originator of a ledger change) that day. Individual source addresses are counted. Individual addresses are not double-counted if previously active.
Active Addresses (Sent)
- Addresses, active, sent is the sum count of unique addresses that where the sending side of a ledger change
- For this unadjusted version of the metric, all ledger change scenarios are considered.
- Such ledger changes can include mining, staking, transacting, account creation, etc..
- If an address was active multiple times as sender during that interval, it is counted only once.
- This metric is not available for assets that have full privacy, like Monero, Grin. For assets that have opt-in privacy features, like ZCash, it only takes the non-private activities into account.
In a given day:
- Address A mines 10 coins
- A was recipient, no sender
- Address B sends 2 coins to each C and D
- C and D were recipients, B was sender
- Address D delegates 20 coins to E
- D is the sender, E is recipient
- Address A burns 1 coin
- A is the sender, no recipient
- Address F votes on a protocol change
- F is the sender/initiator
We would count as active senders: A, B, D and F. The value of the metric would therefore be: 4.
- Released in the 1.0 release of NDP