Welcome & Product Overview
Crypto intelligence for the future of finance
Welcome to Coin Metrics Data Encyclopedia. At Coin Metrics, we organize the world's crypto data and make it transparent and accessible. We offer network data, market data, indexes, and a holistic risk management offering.
- Network Data Pro is a data feed of insightful, aggregate network data metrics for all of the top cryptoassets. These metrics are available with an API key through our API via the
/timeseries/asset-metricsendpoint or through our Data Visualization tools or CM Pro Charts. All Network Data metrics are described below in the Asset Metrics (Time Series) section.
- Network Data Community (Data Downloads, Community API, Data Visualization) is a subset of our Network Data Pro data available for free for community use. For more info on our Community terms and offerings see our Labs page.
- Atlas is a complete blockchain search engine that enables users to look up information on transactions, addresses, and blocks through a high-performance API. An API key is required to query the
/blockchain/endpoint via our API. Specifics on the format of the API output are described below in the Atlas section of this Encyclopedia.
- Market Data Feed provides access to historical and real-time data from over 30 of the world’s leading spot and derivatives crypto exchanges. This data is available primarily via the market data endpoints:
/timeseries/market-candles. All endpoints and concepts are described in the Market Data section. There are also several aggregated market data metrics in
- Market Data Community (Community API, Pro Charts) is a subset of our Market Data Feed available for free for community use. For more info on our Community terms and offerings see our Labs page. The limitations of our community data are described in each data concept listed in the Market Data section of this Encyclopedia.
- Reference Rates provide prices calculated in U.S. Dollars and Euros for over 550 assets using a transparent and independent methodology, robust to manipulation and derived from high-quality constituent markets. This data is available through our API (
timeseries/asset-metricsendpoint) and also in our Data Visualization and CM Pro Charts.
- Reference Rates Community (Community API, Data Visualization, Pro Charts) provides access to all of our reference rates with a limited amount of history for our more granular resolutions. For more info on our Community terms and offerings see our Labs page
- Coin Metrics Bletchley Indexes (CMBI) are a comprehensive suite of single-asset, multi-asset, and unique crypto asset benchmarks used by leading crypto and traditional financial institutions. This data is available through our API (
/timeseries/index-constituentsendpoints) and also in our Data Visualization and CM Pro Charts.
- CMBI Community (Community API, Data Visualization, Pro Charts) provides access to all of our index levels with a limited amount of history for our more granular resolutions. For more info on our Community terms and offerings see our Labs page. A further description of the limitations of this data is listed in the data concepts in the Indexes section of this Encyclopedia.
- Bletchley Indexes provided the foundation for our now commercial CMBI lineup. Bletchley Indexes continues to be a community offering and the home for our index experimentation. For more info on our Community terms and offerings (including our Bletchley Indexes) see our Labs page.
- Datonomy is a digital asset classification system created by Coin Metrics, Goldman Sachs and MSCI that creates a consistent, standardized way for investors to analyze the digital assets ecosystem. This data is available via our API via the
- Asset Profiles are descriptions of cryptoassets that supplement our asset metrics data to provide a comprehensive overview of a particular asset. This data is available via our API via the
- Farum is a comprehensive approach to blockchain network risk management designed for institutions. It enables users to identify network attacks, double spends, blockchain splits, or market abnormalities via an enterprise-grade API. For more information on Farum, contact Coin Metrics.