Sum Block Size (in bytes)
The sum of the size (in bytes) of all blocks created that interval.
- Only mainchain (non-orphaned/uncles) blocks are counted.
- For chains that use median time, the day is defined using it, otherwise, it’s defined using the block’s timestamps.
- This metric is not available for all assets, as some node’s RPC APIs do not expose the size of the blocks.
- Released in the 1.0 release of NDP
- Can be used to measure and compare blockchains' usages and fees
- Can help gauge gas/fee for large transactions:
- fee per byte = total block fee/block size (byte)